Hurricane Matthew!

Belizeans.com

All ah we da Belizeans!
Staff member
Hurricane Matthew, blamed for 11 deaths so far, weakened to a Category 3 after making landfall in Cuba, its maximum sustained winds dropping to 125 mph by dawn Wednesday. But forecasters expect it to regain strength as it churns toward the Bahamas, and then tracks perilously close to Florida.

The storm could potentially make landfall Thursday night somewhere along the coast of Florida, the first time the state will take a direct hit from a major storm in more than a decade.

Matthew’s outer bands were still hundreds of miles from Florida, but it caused long lines at gas stations and grocery stores. Along Florida’s beaches, residents were installing hurricane shutters and moving watercraft out of harm’s way, while tourists were packing up.

BreakingNews.com has live coverage of Hurricane Matthew, click to view

Emergencies have been declared in four states — all of Florida and South Carolina, eastern and central North Carolina and southeastern Georgia.

In Florida, Broward County schools will be open Wednesday, but closed Thursday and Friday. Shelter locations were announced in several Broward cities where flooding is normally a problem during storms. A decision about whether to close schools in Miami-Dade will be announced Thursday.

Most of the state’s coastal areas were under a hurricane watch and Gov. Rick Scott sounded a grim reminder Tuesday about the devastating cost of not being prepared.

Matthew is an "extremely dangerous" storm, Scott said, adding “if you are able to leave early, leave now.’’

Hey Guys, just got the power back. Two night without air but we had battery operated fans and my little camp stove so we were just fine. We put the shutters on the windows, just in case, son took care of everything. We had lots of rain and lots of high winds but in all, it was ok. We didn't suffer any damage, thank God. I didn't hear about the hot mike but will go check it out. i know Trump has a temper and will say just about anything but I much prefer him to the lying Hillary.

Ok, I read some of the hot mike stuff. Here is what I say. When have men ever not said these things about women? Men just talk rass all the time about women. Doesn't bother me one bit. Like the rest are all so innocent... and women can be seen, latching on to men with star power and money, even throwing their panties at them in concerts. So they put themselves in that position.

Back