Belizeans cheer on Simone Biles as she wins gold again

Belizeans.com

All ah we da Belizeans!
Staff member
Belizeans cheer on Simone Biles as she wins gold again

Eleven Miss Belize pageant contestants and their director; the Special Envoy for Women and Children; the Vice-President of OCEANA in Belize; the Music Ambassador and son of the Prime Minister, among others, this afternoon found themselves together at the Baymen’s Tavern of the Radisson Fort George Hotel. The purpose? To cheer on American gymnast and Olympic Games darling Simone Biles, who was going for her fourth gold medal in the women’s floor exercise – and got it, of course. Opal Enriquez, Miss Belize director and a cousin of Biles, and Special Envoy Kim Simplis-Barrow shared with News Five their reaction to Simone’s achievement.

Opal Enriquez, Cousin of Simone Biles
“We are super excited. We’re just overwhelmed with joy. Simone worked really hard for this; and my cousin Nellie worked really hard for this, so we are just really excited for the United States, for my family and for Belize.”

Kim Simplis-Barrow, Special Envoy for Women and Children
“It’s a wonderful achievement. Simone is a talented and strong young lady and for we here – for me personally, she’s obviously a role model for a lot of young girls and we’re very proud of her.”
Be Sociable, Share!

Back