Help! Need Stewed Chicken with Beans and Rice

T

tara

Hello,

I have spent hours researching recipes for Stewed Chicken, Beans and Rice and Red Recado. I was just on a cruise and we stopped in Belize. We ate at a restaurant called Mayan Wells right down the road from the Altun Ha Ruins and I have never had better food in my life.

The place is owned by an American but the food is prepared by locals. We had rice and beans prepared with coconut milk(not sure what else in it). I know there is a difference between rice and beans and beans and rice. I am looking for the recipe that the rice and beans are cooked together. The chicken was fantastic as well as the coleslaw and plantains. I cook a lot of ethnic food at home here in the U.S. and would like to find an authentic recipe for these items. I have found many recipes online but am clueless to how authentic they are.

I am trying to purchase red recado paste but will make it if necessary.

I would like a stewed chicken recipe and beans and rice recipe similar that is authentic to the mayan/belizean culture if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Tara

I had just spent about an hour writting you a recipe and my computer froze and I lost it all. Anyway, I know this is a bit late but if you are still interested in a recipe and even still on here let me know, I write it again.
All recipes are defferent but I'll give you mine maybe it would help.

Tara may or may not still be around, but I'd really like to hear your recipe. I've been trying for ages, and can't quite get it right. :(

Back