The OOma Phone

Mosquitorose

Cruffy Queen Admin
Have you guys heard of the Ooma phone? If you have high speed internet, all you have to do is plug in the ooma, plug it into you router and etc and you have phone service for 4.00 a month, no kidding. Google it and see. I connected mine yesterday and payed a one time 39.00 fee to port my same phone number. I bought the ooma from amazon.....

I also got tired of the cable company, I dont' watch a lot of tv, so I got rid of three digital boxes. I kept two main boxes until? I hooked up attennas for the those tv's and get 70 OTA channels, life is good and the cable bill is going way down.....

Hey Rosie,

With cell phones why do you need that Ooma phone? We use our cell phones for domestic calls and we mostly use Whatsapp to speak to family in Belize.
But voip telephony has been around for years: Vonage, etc.

As for television, I'm using DirecTVnow www.directvnow.com with my Apple TV box. For $35 (promo no longer available) I get over 100 channels with ESPN and NBA TV.
Now they all have streaming TV: DTVnow, Hulu, YouTube, Slingbox and Vue.

Directvnow has a special if you pay for a month you get a free Firestick: https://www.directvnow.com/firetvstick

I like my land line D and I don't like that cell phone to my ear, I just use it for the GPS and in case I need to call home. I hear that Whatsapp makes a lot of interruptions. I only call England and for 2.50 a month, you can't beat it on my land line. to me, cell phone are just not good enough yet for good reception all the time and I have a good galaxy too. As for talking to belize, I talk to my niece on messenger with video.

I have apple tv and watch all my english programs that I like. I hardly watch that cable but hubby likes it so that is the only reason it's still here. Direct tv is not that good down here. I hear so many complaints. I like that I can pay for what I like and not all those useless channels on cable. I am happy that I was able to cut out a lot anyway. I used my ipad to stream Britbox and Acorn to my apple tv..

Back