450 lbs and wanna fly coach...

bzegirl

Madarata/Premium Member
Did you guys read/hear about the lady that died because 3 airlines refused to fly her back to the States and due to her medical conditions she died in Hungary?

She couldn't fly because of her weight and she has one foot which makes it even harder to board and secure her seatbelt. She was a one-foot obese person - that's a heavy load.

I think the airline that flew her to Hungary will have to pay up because they lifted her to the airplane with an airlift but when it was time to come back supposedly their plane didn't have a long enough extender and an airlift wasn't available.

I feel torn about this beause yea - it's easy for a lot of us to say "lose weight". But, if folks choose to stay obese should they be limited from doing things they want to do and can afford to do?

Sad the poor lee lady died though.

The airlines is not at fault, there was no equipment to lift her up....and what the hell is she doing traveling knowing she can't manage, she must have diabetis and maybe that's what killed her or a combinaton of things ...she must have eaten all kinds of rass...I dont' care if she wants to be obese but don't shove your problems on other people, like letting your fat flow into somebody's seat into their lap on an airplane...these people who choose to be obese need to realize their limitations......and stop blaming other people when they can't help them...airlines should ban anybody over 250 pounds....

That's unfortunate, and this is the first I'm hearing about her story. But Im wondering how long she had been in Hungary? The only reason I asked is because if her flight to Hungary was recent, a lot of overweight people that takes long flights develops blood clots due to lack of circulation and altitude problems that could kill them days following their flight.

If anybody looks at Vince & Tamar, Toni Braxton's sister and her husband's spin off reality show... last season her overweight husband Vince almost died due to blood clots due to lack or circulation from a long flight. I think they said the same thing killed the rapper Heavy D. If you don't get up and walk around during those long flights they say it's very easy to develop blood clots that could kill you dead.

It's a bit annoying when you read stories of everyone placing blame instead of looking at roots of issues. People nowaday takes no responsibility for actions, etc. They're quick to point fingers and place blame. Like Zen said a lot of deaths are because of poor circulations due to long flights. Even I who considers myself healthy, don't sit for too long. At work, I often say, I'm taking a little walk. Been to LA and other long distance countries quite often, and gets up at least 2 to 3 times just to stretch. Dehydration and poor circulations are the two worse enemies during long flights.

:lmao - haven't heard this one in a while.

Oprah's character in the Color Purple told Whoopi Goldberg in that scene where she said "all my life I had to fight..." she told Whoopi "... but I'll kill him dead before I let Harpo beat me..." :rofl

Ole time Belizean pipple use to sey dat too, hahaha... and those were the only words I could think of to explain those long flights with no circulation and like you said dehydration. Datdah kill you dead fi true, true, true especially when you're already overweight and fat di tie off you circulation.

I do feel sorry for some of those people like that though, and I think that they should have warning signs posted before boarding those flight that there may be health risks for certain individuals taking long flights. Just like they have at amusement parks before you get on those roller-coasters. They have signs telling the people if they have certain conditions, don't get on. Ride at your own risk. They should also advise people to walk occasionally just not all at once, lol...

It's spam Rosy she posted the same rass over 50 times. LOL

It's the Russians come for Surfa site. hahahahahhaa

You know, I have a dear friend, who also refuses to loose weight. She has had stints put in one after the other and still just keeps right on eating. Now she can hardly walk because of the weight. Her knees give out and she falls. Her girls can't pick her up, they have to call for help. I talk to her gently using everything I know to help her but nothing works. I wonder if this is a mental problem with these very obese or is it like drugs and alcohol, in that, they can't help themselves. The only time they get on my nerves is when they get ugly about it. I try to be kind but will not put up with crap.

Back