Rosey! Hot cross buns???

bemetu said:
whe kinna fish dat?.....deh look fresh!!....not like di one dem whe yu buy yah whe deh pon ice fi years!

Dah fresh barrow fish weh ah get dah market. Thank goodness ah get it early and ah fet it fuh 3 dollars a pound cause yesturday it was 8 - 10 bucks a pound.

bemetu said:
a tell yu!!....post di recipe mons!.......

Will post it in a little.... ah still dih bloody bake and ah dih try start cook at the same time.... i home them gial nuh set mih rass up!

That looks delicious!!! And you didn't put too much raisins. I wish I knew someone coming from there so you could send me some :D

fih true gial... ah woulda send some fuh u and beme! I guess unnu just have to come next year LOL

1Cup milk
1 little pack of yeast
1/2 Cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/3 Cup butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
4 eggs
5 Cups flour
1 1/3 Cup raisins ( i used less)
1 egg white

Glaze
1 1/3 C confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped lemon zest
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
2 Cups milk

-THis usually makes 2 dozen if u do them small but i like them a bit more chuncky so i get like 13 out of the batch.

In a small saucepan, heat milk not too hot.
Fit an electric mixer with a dough hook. ( if u don't have a mixer u can use a wooden spoon to mix)
Pour warm milk in the bowl of mixer and sprinkle yeast over.
Mix to dissolve and let sit for 5 minutes.

With mixer running at low speed, add sugar, salt, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and eggs.
Gradually add flour, the dough wah be wet and sticky, but just continue kneading with dough hook until smooth or yo wooden stick fih about 5 minutes.
Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap or wah clean kitchen towel and let the dough rest for 30-45 minutes.

Then take out the dough and hand knead it until smooth and elastic, for about 3 more minutes.
Then add the raisins and knead until they mix in good.
Shape dough in a ball, place in a bowl, cover it and let rise.

Mek the dough sit at room temperature for about a 45 mins

Get a large baking pan with parchment paper (you could also lightly grease a baking pan, but parchment works better and i still grease the paper).

Divide dough into 24 equal pieces
Shape each portion into a ball and place on baking sheet, about 1/2 inch apart.
Cover with a clean kitchen towel and mek eh rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.

In the meantime, pre-heat oven to 400° F.

When buns have risen, take a sharp or serrated knife and slash buns with a cross. Brush them with egg white and place in oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350° F, then bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes more.

Transfer to a wire rack. Whisk together glaze ingredients, and spoon over buns in a cross pattern.

and Viola! :bravo

Mons, you could cook yukno? hahahah...gial now yu done put me inna di mood fe mek di buns mein...ah wah do it right now. The fish looks wonderful, mi baba de run and if DB nuh come get dem buns, somting wrang wid she hahahah

cho, mi wudden give her any, afta she could mek dem too...lone lazy rass duh she hahahahhahahaha

Oh Mons, I don't know how you cut the crosses but I use a kitchen sissors, it's so much easier....clip, clip.

Shake them buns rosey

<object width="464" height="392"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/NDM0NDQy"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/NDM0NDQy" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="464" height="392"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/index/techno-viking-grandma.html">Technoviking Grandma</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com/">free videos</a></font>

Mosquitorose said:
Mons, you could cook yukno? hahahah...gial now yu done put me inna di mood fe mek di buns mein...ah wah do it right now. The fish looks wonderful, mi baba de run and if DB nuh come get dem buns, somting wrang wid she hahahah

cho, mi wudden give her any, afta she could mek dem too...lone lazy rass duh she hahahahhahahaha

Oh Mons, I don't know how you cut the crosses but I use a kitchen sissors, it's so much easier....clip, clip.

thanks rosey.

Rosey i had to use a knife on the first batch cause i couldnt find mih kitchen scissors and and when ah done bake mih ole man tell me he had them LOL ohh well them come out perfect anyways and moist!

Mosquitorose said:

:snooty Now Now Ms. Rosey...nuh put bad tings eena Mons head.....:D :D!!!

Mons....I will be there a little later than I originally told you....My plans changed a little.....I will watch the race first!:party

THey look absolutely delicious.....Oh! I baked a ham today....Me nuh kay fuh fish! Is that bad luck? :D :D :D

Dream Babes said:
:snooty Now Now Ms. Rosey...nuh put bad tings eena Mons head.....:D :D!!!

Mons....I will be there a little later than I originally told you....My plans changed a little.....I will watch the race first!:party

THey look absolutely delicious.....Oh! I baked a ham today....Me nuh kay fuh fish! Is that bad luck? :D :D :D

See deh Mons, eh done di frig roung...now eh wah be late hahahah...watch how she nuh come hahahahah...

DB, ham is betta gial....mi wah mek wah roast, mash potatoe and some kinda veggie and di bunn...on yes must go get some cheese mein.....

My auntie gave me some bun dough:D :D
I have my man kneading and finishing it right now. I wish I had remembered the ingredients for the glaze. Anyway I bought some fish..........fillet :D :D The store with fresh fish was closed ok.
I will enjoy my bootleg version of Mo's meal........maybe I'll post pics:D

The Empress said:
My auntie gave me some bun dough:D :D
I have my man kneading and finishing it right now. I wish I had remembered the ingredients for the glaze. Anyway I bought some fish..........fillet :D :D The store with fresh fish was closed ok.
I will enjoy my bootleg version of Mo's meal........maybe I'll post pics:D

Man di wear apron too? Got di man like how Mons mi got DJ di mash pear. :D :D :D

Please boy, my man's mother taught him not to depend on no woman to feed him. Most men I date know how to cook!:D
He don't need an apron, that's how good he's good :D

Those buns looks yummy Mo. Girl you giving Rosy a run for her $$ :D

I had Chinese, no hot cross bun and fish. Ayeee I need a Belizean chef. :D :D :D Hmmn, maybe I can see how bun would come out in the bread maker?

Hey empress - how did the bootleg buns come out girl? :D

bzegirl said:
Those buns looks yummy Mo. Girl you giving Rosy a run for her $$ :D

I had Chinese, no hot cross bun and fish. Ayeee I need a Belizean chef. :D :D :D Hmmn, maybe I can see how bun would come out in the bread maker?

Hey empress - how did the bootleg buns come out girl? :D

HAHAHAHA! Girl im not as good as rosey but me love mih kitchen and im always experimenting.

madarass said:
Man di wear apron too? Got di man like how Mons mi got DJ di mash pear. :D :D :D

I wah bat yo dah yo ears corna!:D :D :D :D Alteast there are some men weh cook fuh them woman left on this planet ... nothing wrong with that! We women tired ah cook sometimes so its nice to see them men man handle the kitchen for a while!

Back