More Good STuff

Mosquitorose

Cruffy Queen Admin
I ran out today before the bad weather hit and did my errands. Then I remembered that Strawberry season is almost over. ...so I hurried over to the veggie place and bought a flat of strawberries..that is about 12 pints or 6 quarts.

Attachments

• straw box.jpg
    straw box.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 638
I washed them, took the hulls out and washe them again. I didn't loose toom many..just about 8.

Attachments

• straw wash.jpg
    straw wash.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 637
Then ah cook mi jam pet. I got 13 pints or 6 quarts and one pint....cost was 17.00 for the strawberries and suga. I got about 40.00 worth of store jam if I bought the same amount at the store more or less....

I think I have just enough jars left for my orange marmalade and then ah done fe the year or so....

I now have the following in my pantry: Cumquat, Guava, Strawberry. I still need blueberry and orange....

Attachments

• straw jam.jpg
    straw jam.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 644
Mosquitorose said:
I washed them, took the hulls out and washe them again. I didn't loose toom many..just about 8.

Those look good but living inna dis area ah tiad ah strawberries....:D

Mosquitorose said:
Then ah cook mi jam pet. I got 13 pints or 6 quarts and one pint....cost was 17.00 for the strawberries and suga. I got about 40.00 worth of store jam if I bought the same amount at the store more or less....

You gonna send me wa care package?

CherriBlossum said:
Those look good but living inna dis area ah tiad ah strawberries....:D

But Cherrie, is the season all year? our season is over just about now and then you won't have fresh strawberries another year. I will buy another flat in a couple days and those I will slice, sugar and freeze to make ice cream with or whatever. I can still get the strawberries from cali..but cho ...I;m not paying...

Cherri, with my jam, you could make tarts, put on ice cream and jam roll gial....all kinda maddarass lol....gial my jam is nice...the house smell divine...company should come now and ask me what candle ah di bunn tru? hahahaha

Massive storm di come ...eh done staat and one ah di pussy daag di bawl...so ah wah tek him to the back and put ahn sherlock holmes (Hound of the Baskerville) and chill....ah di get off dis pc now.....nite all...

Dr Buzzard said:
You just mean yukno?

No mein, ah nuh mean...but you know wat? me have a latta man fren and dem all want jam...so if ah give one, ah hav fe give to all and that is fair tru? so ah nuh give to none. And dem all hav wife, why di wife nuh mek it? if I can, they can...cho!

Rosy

Rosy,
Strawberries in Belize are very expensive. I do love strawberry jams.

Re: Rosy

rockview said:
Rosy,
Strawberries in Belize are very expensive. I do love strawberry jams.

I imagine that they are Rocky....but belize has the perfect climate for strawberries, blueberries, grapes....if one had just a little yard they could plant these and make some money....

The flat or 6 quarts that is one and a half gallon cost 14.00 and that would be 28.00 in bleize....

Cho, anybody who has some land dah bush could make a good living ...just raising chicken for eggs and planting things that could turn a profit...and if yu nuh greedy and sell reasonable, you would be fine....

My granny had a custard mango tree and every year she would cound those mangos and she had special cusotmers who would buy them. See? there are all kinds of ways....

Re: Re: Rosy

Mosquitorose said:
I imagine that they are Rocky....but belize has the perfect climate for strawberries, blueberries, grapes....if one had just a little yard they could plant these and make some money....

The flat or 6 quarts that is one and a half gallon cost 14.00 and that would be 28.00 in bleize....

Cho, anybody who has some land dah bush could make a good living ...just raising chicken for eggs and planting things that could turn a profit...and if yu nuh greedy and sell reasonable, you would be fine....

My granny had a custard mango tree and every year she would cound those mangos and she had special cusotmers who would buy them. See? there are all kinds of ways....
You serious MR? I didn't have the slightest idea that grapes and strawberries could be grown in Belize. Lately, I have been seeing strawberries at the Belmopan Market but they are from Mexico. They come packaged in little plastic containers and cost about Bz$15 for about a pound. As for the grapes, I'm not sure we can grow those here either? I am aware that the Taiwanese were growing them but I think they were done under an agricultural project and they did not taste or look like the grapes we usually get at the supermarket.

What is custard mango?

DB, the climate in Belize is perfect. Grapes grow in Cali...yu neva see the grapes that Mellow grow inna eh yaad? Here in Florida we grow Strawberries and Cali grow them too...all these can grow in belize my pa used to grow grapes inna granny yaad mein.

Anyway, I belive that my granny owed the only custard mango tree in Belize. Hurricane Hatti destroyed it, a sad loss. She use to sell those mangos for shilling lol. The mangos are big and have a very small flat seed and absolutely no hair whatsoever and taste like heaven gial. I have no idea if there is another name for them. I remember taking an order to the Majares family for her and I just ate a whole one by myself on the way. I still got the same money hahahahahah...dem neva know and happy fe get even two mango oh.....ahhahahaha

nature

Rosy and Dream Babes,
Everything that comes from the ground and grows is good for you. I just visited a woman with terminal breast cancer.

I'm wondering what kind of food she sould eat now during her final days. I know natures' foods are rich in anti oxidants.

I understand that there is a Cancer Society in Belmopan but don't have their address.

Cancer patients should lots of green....broccolli, aspargus etc. there is also a serum called essiac that is reputed towork wonders with cancer. I have the recipe somewhere and will post it when i find it/

Several commonly used culinary herbs have been identified by the National Cancer Institute as possessing compounds that protect us against cancer. These "defensive" herbs include those belonging to the onion, ginger, mint, and parsley families, as well as flax. Use them regularly to flavor soups, stews, sauces, dips, salad dressings, entrées, vegetables, and stir-fry dishes.
They contain a diversity of active phytochemicals (such as flavonoids, terpenoids, phthalides, and sulfur compounds) that can produce a serious punch, combating the proliferation of cancer cells.

Garlic and Onions
A recent study revealed that the risk of prostate cancer was 44 percent lower in those using garlic more than once per week. In China persons with the highest intake of garlic, onions, and leeks had a risk of stomach cancer that was 40 percent lower than that of those with the lowest intake. In the Iowa Woman's Health Study the highest consumption of garlic was associated with a 32 percent reduced risk of colon cancer.
The antitumor property of garlic is a result of its diverse content of organic sulfides, as well as other health-promoting compounds such as flavonoids, phenolic acids, phytosterols, and saponins. Garlic's inhibition of tumor growth seems to be effective only when the tumor is small. More research is needed to determine the exact quantity of garlic needed to minimize cancer risk.
Studies in Greece have shown that a high consumption of onions, garlic, and other allium (bulbous) herbs protects against stomach cancer. A Dutch scientific investigation also revealed that stomach cancer occurrence in those consuming at least one half an onion a day was about 50 percent lower than in persons consuming no onions.

Turmeric and Ginger
Turmeric offers a rich yellow color when added to foods such as rice and tofu dishes. It also flavors soups. Turmeric's beautiful hue comes from curcumin, a bright-yellow phenolic pigment that's an even more powerful antioxidant than vitamin E. Curcumin boasts the ability to suppress the growth of certain cancers in the stomach, breast, colon, lung, and skin.
Dried ginger root offers a rich package of gingerols-phenolic antioxidants that possess pronounced anti-inflammatory activity-that inhibit various cancers. Ginger also contains curcumin, which assists in the elimination of cancer-causing substances from the body. A teaspoon of ginger powder every day is a useful and safe addition to any diet. Pieces of ginger can be added to fruit salads, muffins, and other bakery products.

Flaxseed
Flaxseed flour is finding its way into more and more breads, cereals, and bakery products. It not only contributes a pleasant nutty flavor but increases the nutri-tional and health benefits of the final product. Some people enjoy a teaspoon or two of flaxseed flour or ground flaxseeds sprinkled on their morning cereal.
Animal studies have shown that flaxseed in the diet can reduce the incidence of breast tumors by 40 percent, and the tumor size of chemically induced cancers by about 50 percent. The cancer-protective properties of flaxseed are believed to result from their very high level of lignans. Lignan metabolites bind to estrogen receptors and thereby inhibit the growth of estrogen- stimulated breast cancers.

Members of the Parsley Family
Cilantro is a great addition to any tomato and lettuce salad, while ground cumin seed brings zest in the preparation of hummus. A sprig of parsley adds color and flavor to soups or vegetable dishes. Fennel finds value in vegetable preparations, while dill is used with success to flavor cucumbers and potato salad. Caraway seeds pep up bakery products and stewed fruits, while coriander seed adds richness to curry powders and pickles.
Parsley family herbs provide a good source of phthalides, coumarins, terpenoids, polyacetylenes, and other phytochemicals-many of which have cancer-preventive properties. These beneficial substances block metabolic pathways associated with the development of cancer, or induce enzymes that help metabolize and eliminate carcinogens.

Mints and Ginseng
Terpenoids, the compounds responsible for the flavors of mints (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage, spearmint) and other common herbs, suppress the growth of tumors and decrease the number of tumors produced. For example, rosemary and sage are rich in ursolic acid and a variety of diterpenoids that inhibit cancer cells from growing.
In a large study in Korea, the incidence of human cancer was seen to steadily decrease within the length of time Asian ginseng was used. Those who had taken ginseng for one year had 36 percent less cancer than nonusers, while those who used ginseng for five or more years enjoyed 69 percent less cancer. In addition, those who'd eaten ginseng less than 50 times in their life had 45 percent less cancer, while those who'd used ginseng more than 500 times in their life boasted 72 percent less cancer! Ginseng extract and powder were found to be more effective than fresh sliced ginseng or ginseng tea in reducing the risk of cancer.
Clearly, how we season our food influences our health. An excess of salt and high-fat dressings may tickle our taste buds, but they also increase our risk of cardiovascular disease. Culinary herbs bring the same satisfaction while providing a measure of protection against our most serous foe.

apple
Protects your heart
prevents constipation
Blocks diarrhea
Improves lung capacity
Cushions joints

apricots
Combats cancer
Controls blood pressure
Saves your eyesight
Shields against Alzheimer's
Slows aging process

artichokes
Aids digestion
Lowers cholesterol
Protects your heart
Stabilizes blood sugar
Guards against liver disease
avocados
Battles diabetes
Lowers cholesterol
Helps stops strokes
Controls blood pressure
Smoothes skin

bananas
Protects your heart
Quiets a cough
Strengthens bones
Controls blood pressure
Blocks diarrhea

beans
Prevents constipation
Helps hemorrhoids
Lowers cholesterol
Combats cancer
Stabilizes blood sugar

cauliflower
Protects against Prostate Cancer
Combats Breast Cancer
Strengthens bones
Banishes bruises
Guards against heart disease

cherries
Protects your heart
Combats Cancer
Ends insomnia
Slows aging process

chestnuts
Promotes weight loss
Protects your heart
Lowers cholesterol
Combats Cancer
Controls blood pressure

chili peppers
Aids digestion
Soothes sore throat
Clears sinuses
Combats Cancer
Boosts immune system

figs
Promotes weight loss
Helps stops strokes
Lowers cholesterol
Combats Cancer
Controls blood pressure

mangoes
Combats cancer
Boosts memory
Regulates thyroid
aids digestion

mushrooms
Controls blood pressure
Lowers cholesterol
Kills bacteria
Combats cancer
Strengthens bones

oats
Lowers cholesterol
Combats cancer
Battles diabetes
prevents constipation
Smoothes skin

olive oil
Protects your heart
Promotes Weight loss
Combats cancer
Battles diabetes
Smoothes skin

onions
Reduce risk of heart attack
Combats cancer
Kills bacteria
Lowers cholesterol
Fights fungus

oranges
Supports immune systems
Combats cancer
Protects your heart
Straightens respiration

sweet potatoes
Saves your eyesight
Lifts mood
Combats cancer
Strengthens bones

tomatoes
Protects prostate
Combats cancer
Lowers cholesterol
Protects your heart

walnuts
Lowers cholesterol
Combats cancer
boosts memory
Lifts mood
Protects against heart disease

water
Promotes Weight loss
Combats cancer
Conquers kidney stones
Smoothes skin

watermelon
Protects prostate
Promotes Weight loss
Lowers cholesterol
Helps stops strokes
Controls blood pressure

yogurt
Guards against ulcers
Strengthens bones
Lowers cholesterol
Supports immune systems
Aids digestion

7 dont's after a meal

* Don't smoke-Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).

* Don't eat fruits immediately - Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Therefore take fruit 1-2 hr after meal or 1hr before meal.

* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid.This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.

* Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.

beets
Controls blood pressure
Combats cancer
Strengthens bones
Protects your heart
Aids weight loss

blueberries
Combats cancer
Protects your heart
Stabilizes blood sugar
Boosts memory
Prevents constipation

broccoli
Strengthens bones
Saves eyesight
Combats cancer
Protects your heart
Controls blood pressure

cabbage
Combats cance
Prevents constipation
Promotes weight loss
Protects your heart
Helps hemorrhoids

cantaloupe
Saves eyesight
Controls blood pressure
Lowers cholesterol
Combats cancer
Supports immune system
carrot
Saves eyesight
Protects your heart
Prevents constipation
Combats cancer
Promotes weight loss

fish
Protects your heart
Boosts memory
Protects your heart
Combats Cancer
Supports immune system

flax
Aids digestion
Battles diabetes
Protects your heart
Improves mental health
Boosts immune system
garlic
Lowers cholesterol
Controls blood pressure
Combats cancer
kills bacteria
Fights fungus

grapefruit
Protects against heart attacks
Promotes Weight loss
Helps stops strokes
Combats Prostate Cancer
Lowers cholesterol

grapes
saves eyesight
Conquers kidney stones
Combats cancer
Enhances blood flow
Protects your heart

green tea
Combats cancer
Protects your heart
Helps stops strokes
Promotes Weight loss
Kills bacteria

honey
Heals wounds
Aids digestion
Guards against ulcers
Increases energy
Fights allergies

lemons
Combats cancer
Protects your heart
Controls blood pressure
Smoothes skin
Stops scurvy

limes
Combats cancer
Protects your heart
Controls blood pressure
Smoothes skin
Stops scurvy

peaches
prevents constipation
Combats cancer
Helps stops strokes
aids digestion
Helps hemorrhoids

peanuts
Promotes Weight loss
Combats Prostate Cancer
Lowers cholesterol
Aggravates
diverticulitis

pineapple
Strengthens bones
Relieves colds
Aids digestion
Dissolves warts
Blocks diarrhea

prunes
Slows aging process
prevents constipation
boosts memory
Lowers cholesterol

rice
Protects your heart
Battles diabetes
Conquers kidney stones
Combats cancer
Helps stops strokes

strawberries
Combats cancer
Protects your heart
boosts memory
Calms stress

wheat germ
Combats ColonCancer
prevents constipation
Lowers cholesterol
Helps stops strokes
improves digestion

wheat bran
Combats ColonCancer
prevents constipation
Lowers cholesterol
Helps stops strokes
improves digestion

* Don't loosen your belt - Loosening the belt after a meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted &blocked.

* Don't bathe - Bathing will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
* Don't walk about - People always say that after a meal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake.

here is the tea that has helped so many

ESSIAC TEA RECIPE,
Cleansing Your Lymph Circulation And Your Lymph Glands RE-ENABLES Your Own Natural Healing Wisdom To Heal You.
The Same Intelligence That Grew You From An Egg And A Sperm Knows How To Heal You.
TRUST IT.
modified by Shari Soza, [email protected]
The big effect that I saw immediately was that it cleansed the lymph glands on the back of my neck and head. This helps cancer conditions, of course, but it can also help many other health conditions. Essiac Tea is not just for cancer. It also helped my pancreas when I took it on a regular basis. That helped my digestion. Before that, I was having bloating after every time I ate something.
The original Rene Caisse recipe for Essiac tea, was enough to take care of a whole clinic of waiting patients. I have slightly modified it, for my own use, and it will work for you too.
Even if you follow the original instructions, and use only 8oz of the dry herbal mixture, it still makes too much, for a single person. While it sits in the refrigerator, it loses its effectiveness, or can even go moldy on you.
It is better to make it in smaller amounts, and have a more potent result. I am also concerned as to how you can adequately mix in the Turkey Rhubarb root, thruout the whole 45 oz of dry mixture.
I measure the herbs directly into a ziploc bag, by using the postal scale, to measure BY WEIGHT. I am not talking about measuring by volume, with a cooking measuring cup.

Dry Herbal Mixture
Herbs Original Amounts Eight Ounces Four Ounces Two Ounces

Burdock Root 25 oz 5 oz 2.5 oz 1.25 oz
Sheep Sorrel Herb 15 oz 3 oz 1.5 oz .75 oz
Turkey Rhubarb Root 1 oz or 10 t. .20 oz or 2 t. .10 oz or 1 t. .05 oz or 1/2 t.
Slippery Elm Root 4 oz .8 oz .4 oz .2 oz

Total Ounces 45 oz 8.82 oz 4.41 oz 2.205 oz
At the smaller amounts, the accuracy of the scale becomes a limit, so a good compromise is to use the 8 oz amount, and be sure and mix it well in dry form, then carefully measure out either 4 or 2 ounces, for actual making into tea. In the turkey rhubarb amounts, above, "t." means teaspoon. Use a real measuring spoon.
Store unused portions of the dry mixture in an airtight container, and keep out of the light. After you try Essiac tea, if you want to purchase larger quantities, in bulk,
the prices are at http://www.snowcrest.net/soza/herbs/MainEsse.htm..

Preparation of the herbal tea:
Measure out the desired amount of the dry mixture.
For each eight ounces of dry herbal mixture, use 2 gallons of distilled water, in a stainless steel kettle. For four ounces, use 1 gallon of distilled water. For two ounces, use 2 quarts of distilled water. [If using half my 8-ounce package, STIR WELL, because I measure directly into each ZipLoc bag.]
Boil the distilled water. It takes about 30 minutes for 2 gallons.
Put the dry herbal mixture into the boiling water.
Stir it and boil hard for about 10 minutes, with the lid on.
Cover and allow it to sit and cool slowly for six hours.
After six hours, stir it thoroughly with a wooden or stainless steel tool.
Let it sit for another six hours.
Return the kettle to the stove and bring it to a boil.
When the boiling point is reached, turn off the heat and pour the tea thru a stainless steel strainer into a second stainless steel kettle.
Clean the first kettle thoroughly.
Strain the contents a second time from pot 2 to pot 1.
Bottle the resulting herbal tea immediately into dark amber bottles and seal it while still hot. I used clear glass canning jars successfully.
Cool them, and store in the refrigerator, until needed. I found that if not used quickly enough, the tea lost its strength, so I recommend using pint jars, instead of quarts.
Keep the tea refrigerated at all times. Shake well each time before pouring.
Take it on an empty stomach, at least 2 hours after eating. Wait 2 more hours before eating after taking the tea.
Good times to take it are at bedtime, or upon awakening. More seriously ill persons can take it safely 3 to 4 times daily, spaced out, as described above, separated from meals, by two hours. It is not going to do you much good to take it with meals. It will not work all mixed up with your dinner. That would just be a waste of money.

Note from Mosquito:
A positive attitude, exerecise, no dwelling on sickness but concentrate on getting well....nice music (not rap) and colors (mostly yellow and yellow orange) meditation of breathing in good health and breathing out sickness.....

Back