Home-made hot pepper

bzegirl

Madarata/Premium Member
What's the recipe for hot pepper sauce with onions? Other than pepper and onion is it straight vinegar one should use? Are any other ingredients necessary?

I want to make a bottle of hot pepper sauce like what used to be on my gran's kitchen table. :)

I remember my mother use to add 1 head of garlic to the battle too, but yeah just straight onions, habaneros, garlic, viniger, and salt. Make sure you prepare the onions before placing it in the bottle though. After chopping the onions add boiling water and let it sit for about 5 minutes, then drain the water. This process will ensure the removal of that bitter taste the onions produce. Good luck.

Yes mam, that is I in my F150, is that you shakin it but not breakin it dancing punta?:clap

I remember my mother use to add 1 head of garlic to the battle too, but yeah just straight onions, habaneros, garlic, viniger, and salt. Make sure you prepare the onions before placing it in the bottle though. After chopping the onions add boiling water and let it sit for about 5 minutes, then drain the water. This process will ensure the removal of that bitter taste the onions produce. Good luck.
yu sure bout dis!......dat deh process no mek di onion too soft?..........me like my onion a little crunchy.......

I'm 100% certainty I do it all the time. Onions still remain crunchy, I do that all the time when I make curtido. Is what we call it in Spanish.

I like your quote btw. When I proposed marriage to my wife, I said: "I may not be your first but to be your last would be just perfect"

A lot of people pour boiling water over the onions to take away the tart taste. Also they do the same with onions for escabache.
Either way is fine. In Belize City they mostly didn't add the garlic and didn't rinse the onions. They liked it strong.

Back